The Rudolf Ippen Young Scientist Award
Professor Dr. Rudolf Ippen was a pioneer of the scientific discipline of wildlife pathology and co-founder of the International Conference on Diseases of Zoo and Wild Animals. In memory of Professor Ippen, who passed away in March 2009, and his outstanding commitment to wildlife medicine, the tenth “Rudolf Ippen Young Scientist Award” will be awarded at the Zoo and Wildlife Health Conference 2019 in Kolmården (Sweden) in June 2019.
The Award will honour a young scientist whose scientific output, particularly the papers published in the past 12 months, document the beginning of a promising career in wildlife veterinary science, conservation medicine, or zoo animal medicine.
The Rudolf Ippen Young Scientist Award is endowed with 1,000 Euro.
Candidates can apply by themselves or can be nominated by somebody else.
Eligible candidates will:
• have graduated in veterinary medicine;
• usually either be currently conducting or have recently completed a doctoral dissertation thesis; postdocs are eligible if their doctoral dissertation thesis was completed no longer than three years ago;
• be working as a veterinarian in a zoo, in wildlife research or conservation projects or within the academic field;
• have demonstrated excellent and original scientific work in the fields of zoo animal and wildlife veterinary science or medicine or conservation medicine – with zoo or wildlife animals, or their respective pathogens as the key focus;
• be expected to attend the Zoo and Wildlife Health Conference 2019 in Kolmården (Sweden)
The application should include:
• letter of application or letter of recommendation;
• curriculum vitae;
• list of publications and other scientific output;
• a copy of the most important publications of the last 12 months.
Deadline for applications: April 1, 2019
Submissions are preferably done by electronic means, and sent to us by e-mail. Applications will be reviewed by an international jury with members nominated by the EAZWV and the IZW.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
2015: Dominic Fisher
2016: Kim Gruetzmacher
2017: Johanna Painer
2018: Kathryn Perrin